Bug #1212

Crash - Lua, Choosing actions with mouse?

Added by rti almost 9 years ago. Updated almost 9 years ago.

Status:Feedback Start date:12/11/2010
Priority:Normal Due date:
Assignee:- % Done:

0%

Category:OS: Mac
Target version:Version 0.9.0

Description

This crash seems to happen when moving the mouse in the action bar (help windows appear) while casting.

client.log (933.6 kB) rti, 12/14/2010 02:29 pm

log.log (934.9 kB) rti, 12/14/2010 02:29 pm

crash.txt (39.6 kB) Magnifier rti, 12/14/2010 02:29 pm

History

#1 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

kervala: rti: did you update your gamedev.bnp ?
kervala: because it seems like it has been fixed on Hg
kervala: in .lua :p

#2 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

seems to be a duplicate of #1115

#3 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Target version changed from Version 0.9.0 to Version 0.8.0

As kervala said: fixed by updating game data

Go to data dir and run:

rsync -rtzv --progress --stats www.ryzom.com::ryzom/ .

#4 Updated by kervala almost 9 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

#5 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File log.log added
  • File lua-crash4.txt added
  • % Done changed from 100 to 0

Still happens rarely, even with updated data.

#6 Updated by kervala almost 9 years ago

Please could you retry with these lines in client.cfg ?

AllowDebugLua        = 1;
DisplayLuaDebugInfo  = 1;

Thanks :)

#7 Updated by kervala almost 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Validated

#8 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (lua-crash.txt)

#9 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (lua-crash2.txt)

#10 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (lua-crash4.txt)

#11 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (log.log)

#12 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (lua-crash3.txt)

#13 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File crash.txt added
  • File client.log added
  • File log.log added

#14 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

I cannot spot any useful information in the logs though... Do i need to disable FINAL_VERSION or something?

#15 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (crash.txt)

#16 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (client.log)

#17 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • File deleted (log.log)

#18 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

again the logs from a non final version build

#19 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

Hmm. Very interesting...

The problem first appeared on a new notebook. Today I realized that the old machine was using a static luabind build while my new setup uses a dynamic library as build by kervalas cmake script for luabind (http://svn.kervala.net/utils/packaging/luabind)
Liblua as installed by macports is a static library as well (in contrast to most other libs).

Now I linked the ryzom client on my new machine with the static libluabind from the old machine and the crash seems to be gone. I will do some more testing. Would be strange if this is really the reason...

#20 Updated by kervala almost 9 years ago

Perhaps the 2 versions are (slightly) different at code level. BTw a new version just got released: 0.9.1.

#21 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

Ok, updated to 0.9.1 (from kervalas repository) ... no difference. As a static lib every thing is working fine, if luabind is used in form of a dynamic library, it crashes...

#22 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2215609/problem-in-luabind-with-default-converter-and-tables

Bottom line: Strange error disappeared after building luabind statically (on mac)...

#23 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • Target version changed from Version 0.8.0 to Version 0.9.0

#24 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

I had a problem with luabind a long time ago: http://dev.ryzom.com/boards/17/topics/1773

Finally the problem was solved by building luabind as static debug library. I now think, the key was not to build luabind as debug, but to build it as static, because I can reproduce the crash I had with a luabind dynamic library. Interesting is, that this only happens with a dynamic debug library. A dynamic release library crashes only as described in this issue.

Static debug and release builds of luabind seem to work fine.

As I already spent too much time on this I would like to close the issue. I updated instructions on InstallingLuabind to build static luabind on Mac OS X.

#25 Updated by rti almost 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Validated to Feedback

Also available in: Atom PDF