Ryzom Core is the open-source project related to Ryzom Game. Written in C++, Ryzom Core contains the whole code (client, server, tools) used to make the commercial MMORPG Ryzom. Ryzom Core is a toolkit for the development of massively multiplayer online universes. It provides the base technologies and a set of development methodologies for the development of both client and server code.
Ryzom Core is open source and released under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License 3.0 (GNU/AGPLv3) for the source code and the Creative Commons Attributions-ShareAlike 3.0 (CC-BY-SA) for the art assets.
- Adaptive 3D engine
- Supports large open terrains and detailed interiors
- Fully skinnable user interface
- Highly optimized and proven cloud-based networking architecture
- Efficient client/server communication based on UDP
- Multilanguage support with Unicode
- Adaptive sound engine
- Full suite of tools to create a complete commercial MMORPG
Ryzom Core FAQs¶
For questions about why Ryzom decided to open-source its code, concerns about the impact of open source and questions about the direction of the project please see the Ryzom Open Source FAQ.
If you're a developer interested in Ryzom please check out our Ryzom Developer FAQ
If you want to test Ryzom Core, we have set up a shard where you can connect and see a basic version of Ryzom Core. More information...
- Contact the community
- Check out our manual on getting the Ryzom source for instructions on how to download the source code. After getting the source code you will want to check out Linux or Windows instructions on how to build the source code.
Ryzom Open Media Assets¶
Please check out the Ryzom Asset Repository.
You can read the Ryzom Code guide (work in progress).
- Ryzom Open Source FAQ
- Ryzom Developer FAQ
- Ryzom Licenses
- Browse Ryzom Source Code on Redmine
- Browse Ryzom Source Code on Sourceforge