Common errors while connecting to the shard¶
- Common errors while connecting to the shard
- At-launch error: nel_drv_direct3d_win is not up to date
- None of the accounts/characters you create show up in the database
- The log-in server is in maintenance, please try later (3003)
- The database server is in maintenance, please try later (3004)The database server is in maintenance, please try later (3005)
- Invalid account (2101)
At-launch error: nel_drv_direct3d_win is not up to date¶
Before even trying to connect to the shard, you might get an error similar to the one above that says you should request a new version. To fix this:
- Open up PATH/code/nel/lib (where PATH is the path to where you installed the server source)
- Copy the files "nel_drv_direct3d_win_r.dll", "nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll", and "nel_drv_fmod_win_r.dll"
- Paste the files in the root directory of the Ryzom client
None of the accounts/characters you create show up in the database¶
There is NO error message for this.
A curious error, although I do not yet know what exactly happens, only how to fix it. Symptoms of this error are:
- You can play through the client, even when your server is down
- Your characters/users do not show up in the database, but you can still access them in each session.
- Your server does not show your client's connection, even if all your configs are correct
This occurs when you are not DIRECTLY following the instructions on building the client on windows.
This error occurs when you use the client_ryzom_r.exe provided in the client archive rather than using the version in PATH/code/ryzom/bin/ (where PATH is the path where your source is installed)
Note: Using the version packaged with the source may cause the At-launch error stated above.
The log-in server is in maintenance, please try later (3003)¶
PHP login script on your web server can't connect to the database
- Check if MySQL server is working.
- Check if you can login to the mysql server with user shard and have access to the databases
mysql -ushard nel mysql -ushard ring_open
If there's a problem connecting to database, check http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/ConfigureForLinux#Setting-up-MySQL and http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/EverythingWindows#4-Setting-up-ApacheMySQLPHP
The database server is in maintenance, please try later (3004)
The database server is in maintenance, please try later (3005)¶
PHP login script on your web server can't connect to login server (it's a module in shard_unifier_service)
- Check if you set up tables correctly (check if login_address in domain table contains your server address)
mysql -ushard nel SELECT * FROM domain;
If it shows open:49998 in login_address or there's an error connecting to the database, check http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/ConfigureForLinux#Setting-up-MySQL and http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/EverythingWindows#4-Setting-up-ApacheMySQLPHP
- If SU with LS module is working, you should see these lines (among others) in shard_unifier_service.log:
SU-0 module_manager.cpp 759 cmdHandler_createModule : Creating module 'ls' of class 'LoginService' with params 'ring_db(host=localhost user=shard password= base=) web(port=49998) nel_db(host=localhost user= password= base=nel)' SU-0 login_service.cpp 190 onModuleUp : LS : adding WS 'localhost:3955:ws'
- If you don't see these lines, restart SU and check again.
- If you still don't see them, add this at the end of shard_unifier_service.cfg, restart SU and check logs for debug messages.
Invalid account (2101)¶
- If it's not your first connect to the running shard it probably means that your SU lost connection to MySQL. Restart SU service. If it helps, you can use this patch http://dev.ryzom.com/issues/868 to fix it permanently.