Adding A New Continent (WIP)¶
This tutorial assumes the following.....
1. You are using mercurial change set 660.
2. You have cloned the mercurial repository to C:\ryzom
3. You have downloaded the asset repository to C:\ryzom_assets
4. You have downloaded the client to C:\ryzom_client
5. You have compiled all sources and can run and connect to your own server.
6. You have compiled,installed and loaded the NeL plugins for 3DSMAX.
7. You have installed python 2.6.6
Script And Configuration Changes¶
Creating A Tile Bank¶
1. Launch tile_edit_r.exe (C:\ryzom\code\nel\tools\3d\tile_edit\)
You should get....
2.Click on the button next to "Absolute path".
Change the path to C:\ryzom_assets\landscape\_texture_tiles\.
3. Click "Add land", type "TestLand" and click "OK".
4. Click "Add tile set", type "TestTileSetOne" and click "OK".
5. Click "Add tile set", type "TestTileSetTwo" and click "OK".
6. Save as "TestBank" in C:\ryzom_assets\landscape\_texture_tiles\TestBank.bank
7. Highlight "TestLand" and press "Edit land", Add the two tile sets and press "OK".
At this point you should click save.
8. Navigate to C:\ryzom_assets\Landscape\_texture_tiles\jungle And open the contents of 1-junglemousse,12-vasejungle,displace and Transitions\ AlphaNoiseA in Photoshop (You can also use Gimp if you like).
9. Save all textures in the folders you got them from as 24bit TARGA (.tga), (You could use png but you may have issues that are beyond the purpose of this tutorial).
10. Back in tile_edit_r highlight "TestTileSetOne" and click "Edit tile set".
11. Select> Diffuse,128x128 and then right click in the empty area to the right and choose "Add".
12. Navigate to jungle\1-junglemousse, Select all the 128x128 .tga images (4 total) and click "OK".
13. Select> Diffuse,256x256 and then right click in the empty area to the right and choose "Add", Repeat step 12 this time selecting all 10 256x256 images.
14. Select> Additive,128x128 and select the first square on the right.
Right click, Select replace and choose the corresponding texture.
Do the same with the remaining 3 squares. (Basically the layout should be the same as the Diffuse layout).
Hint> You could use this feature to make a Grass2dirt2stone transition but this will be a later "mini" tutorial.
15. Do the same as step 14 with the 10 256x256 images.
16. Select> Alpha,Transitions and Click "Batch load...".
Navigate to C:\ryzom_assets\Landscape\_texture_tiles\jungleTransitions\AlphaNoiseA and select alpha_noise_00.tga and click "OK".
At this point you will be prompted to reuse the rotation of the alpha tiles, select "Yes".