over 2 years late (02/28/2011)
Version 0.9.0¶Before 0.9.0 we had:
- Ryzom server (services) works on GNU/Linux and Windows.
- Ryzom client works officially on Windows. It's knows to work fine on GNU/Linux with Wine and we already compiled a native version that works. NeL was already compiled on Mac OS X using X11 and some application based on NeL like Mtp Target was working fine with this mode.
- Ryzom tools works only on Windows. Most important tools were made with MFC.
- Ryzom client works native and officially on GNU/Linux.
- Ryzom client works native and officially on Mac OS X.
- For the tool, since we need a big rework we plan to do that in the next version 0.10.0.
over 1 year late (06/01/2011)
Currently, the tools are working on Windows only using MFC and/or Win32 depending of the tool.
The build chain to generate the data use 3DSmax and old shell scripts.
The main goal of this version is to develop tools that will work on all OS:
- Rewrite the object viewer with Qt (ovqt) instead of MFC.
- Code a web based tool chain to create collaboratively a virtual world. Based for example on web tool like Ryzom Maps we can easily edit gameplay and all element of a virtual world.