Build NeL plugins with 3DSmax SDK 2012
|Category:||Tools: Build Gamedata|
|Target version:||Version 0.9.0|
The header files and some other minor parts have changed in the new 3DSmax SDK 2012. This feature is to fix and improve the NeL plugin code to compile on the one hand with the new 3DSmax 2012 and on the other hand stay downward to older versions of 3dsmax (2011, 2010 and so on).
A #define section should differentiate which SDK version exists and should include the correct headers.
#1 Updated by Krolock almost 2 years ago
Fixed the code to compile with 3DSmax SDK 2012 without any errors. I tested the plugins with 3DSmax 2012 and they worked as desired. I had no errors or any other offnominal behaviour.
Next step: add the #define section.
After everything is done, I provide the patch and the binaries on the wiki.
#2 Updated by Krolock almost 2 years ago
- File 3dsmax2012_plugins.patch added
Changes in detail:
- fixed different headernames and folders
- changed some deprecated functions
- fixed cmake files to find 2012 SDK and add a #define macro to differentiate between SDK version 2012 and older ones.
Please test the patch and post any errors you get with the different versions of 3dsmax.
#3 Updated by kaetemi almost 2 years ago
You can use #if MAX_VERSION_MAJOR >= 14 directly to check the max version, no need to define anything new.
#4 Updated by kaetemi almost 2 years ago
- Due date set to 08/14/2011
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee changed from Krolock to kaetemi
Testing this with some changes this evening or tomorrow.
#5 Updated by kaetemi almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Patched
- % Done changed from 50 to 80
Someone needs to test if the build pipeline (specifically all the exporting, especially animations) works with 2012.
#6 Updated by kaetemi over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Patched to Resolved
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
Applied in changeset commit:9dfebf5db073.