Hello, a couple of questions
1) Is it currently possible to compile the server and client code and get a very basic test world?
2) Is Ryzom core about making a basic mmo game or purely about building the framework?
3) Is there is at least a stub for character/monster/NPC stats or quests still in the game or do those need to be made from scratch?
4) Can a list be made of the programs that are preferred to modify certain file types aka .packed_sheets?
5) Will a there be general tutorials made about how to add features to the game?
Thanks for your time. It looks like a good setup.
RE: Test Setup - Added by Kane about 3 years ago
First Day here so please don't take all my answers 100%
1) Yes there is even a example world setup as far as I know it's whats included in the source: http://dev.ryzom.com/wiki/ryzom/OpenShard
2) I think the idea is to build the framework and not an actual game if you get what I mean but it's lets call it a RPG maker bad term but lets say rpg maker out of the box. It has all the working functions as far as I know like crafting looting killing Everything with a example of a few in the source.
3) All the lets call it database type things like quests, text, npc's all that maybe even skills not sure have been removed.
4) N/A to me.
5) There will be and heck I can see them added to the source but that is done on a community effort. Lets say you compile it for linux tonight or windows with a few things changed or took a lot of twinking and effort add and update it to the wiki that's how a community project works. If someone can make a guide then please do it. So yes for that answer depending if the community is willing.
Welcome to Ryzom Core!
RE: Test Setup - Added by Tom316 about 3 years ago
For number 4 all the tools to package and edit the specific files are included. So one could take the models as such from the Ryzom assets and package them up and use them if you wanted to do so. These are all included in the Tools folder.
RE: Test Setup - Added by kervala about 3 years ago
For your 3 and 4, you can look at code\ryzom\common\data_leveldesign :)
There are all XML files related to gameplay, stats, mobs, maps, etc... .packed_sheets are binary versions of these XML files :)